Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Encouragment for moms with kids-in-tow

I always hated the “stay at home mom (SAHM)” tag. I do not work outside of the home, but “stays at home ” would not be found on a list of phrases that describe me. If you know me at all, you know I like to do-do-do and go-go-go. Lately I’ve been calling myself a mom with kids-in-tow (always in tow). They go with me everywhere (except when they can’t). They go to coffee dates, shopping trips, volunteer activities, workouts/training, meetings and field trips (and sometimes work and doctor appointments). I take them places they enjoy too–playgrounds, beaches, zoos, playdates, museums, libraries, and more playgrounds. Besides being high energy, I also am an information hog. So we learn together–canning, crafts, cooking, baking, gardening, experimenting, sewing, photographing (is that word?).

Sounds stressful? It is. The more kids I have, the more dramatic life gets. The highs are higher and the lows are lower. I am also grouchier than I ever remember being.

This is getting rambly (another made up word, I think)…but stay with me.

Hop over here to read the rest.

No comments: